Tuesday, March 31, 2015
Government Announces Interest Rates for Various Small Savings Schemes; Rates to Come Into Force with Effect from 01.04.2015
It was decided by the Government of India that interest rates on Small savings Schemes will be linked to yields on government securities of comparable maturity. In pursuance of that decision, the Government has decided to revise the rates applicable on various small savings schemes as given in the table below.
Rate of interest
Rate of Interest
1 Year Time Deposit
2 Year Time Deposit
3 Year Time Deposit
5 Year Time Deposit
5 Year Recurring Deposit
5 Year SCSS
5 Year MIS
5 Year NSC
10 Year NSC
Kisan Vikas Patra
Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme
The above rates will be effective from tomorrow i.e. 1.4.2015.
Thus the rates on many of the small savings scheme have undergone an upwards revision vis-à-vis 2014-15.
Posted by R. N. Parashar, General Secretary at 8:50 PM
Posted by R. N. Parashar, General Secretary at 8:41 PM
CLICK HERE to view the DoPT OM
Posted by R. N. Parashar, General Secretary at 8:36 PM
Posted by R. N. Parashar, General Secretary at 8:28 PM
INTENSIFY THE STRUGGLES TO ACHIEVE
After Modi Government coming in power, every Central Government employee including postal employees were expecting that “Achchhe Din” (Good Days) will come to them as assured by Shri Narendra Modi and other senior leaders of BJP during election campaign. They were expecting 50% or 100% DA merger with Basic Pay , 25% Interim Relief, enhancement of limit of Income Tax exemption upto 5 lacs, filling up of all vacant posts so that the existing over burdened employees may get some relief and some other facilities. But now every employee appears to be disappointed and realizing that he has been cheated. Within these ten months no action of Central Govt. appears to be in the interest of working class.
Some employees were very much hopeful about the budget and they were expecting that the income tax limit will be enhanced. But after budget they are also more disappointed as no relief has been granted in this regard. From the first day of this Govt. every decision whether it is Labour Laws amendment, FDI in Railways and Defence, disinvestment of public sector , grant of 6000 Crore Rupees loan to Adani to purchase coal mine in Australia , amendment in Land Acquisition act have been taken for the interests of Corporate Sector. A promise of deposit of Rs. 15 lakh in the account of each citizen after bringing back black money from foreign banks has also been declared by BJP President as Election stunt (Chunabi Jumla) so now every citizen is disappointed . On the other hand corporate tax has been reduced from 30% to 25% . Concession about 5.9 lakh crore has been given to corporates while the service tax has been increased from 12.36% to 14% which will affect common man.
Against all these so called neoliberal economic reforms and anti people, anti farmer, anti working class policies, all sectors are on agitational path.100%FDI has been declared in Railways and 41 Govt. Ordinance factories have been declared for disinvestment to hand over to corporate sector. In Postal Department also Task Force Committee has recommended corporatization of various services.
Banks, Insurance, Road Transport, Coal, Construction, electricity, Port and various Scheme workers who are the worst sufferers of these neoliberal economic policy offensives are going on agitational path.
National Council JCM of all Central Government employees’ organizations has taken decision of Parliament March on 28th April-2015 in which the date of indefinite strike will be announced against these policy offensives of Central Government and to achieve genuine demands..
Postal Joint Council of action has declared series of agitational programmes which have been successfully conducted everywhere. Now decision has been taken in PJCA meeting held at NFPE office New Delhi on 24th March -2015 to intensify the agitational programmes. In this series after Parliament March by NC JCM on 28th April-2015, a grand Dharna will be organized by the All India leaders of both Federations on 29th April-2015. From 5th April to 15th April-2015 vigorous campaign will also be launched to mobilize entire rank and file to make the indefinite strike from 06th May 2015 a historic success so that the Govt, may be forced to reconsider and to take back all these neoliberal economic policies which are totally against the working class.
NFPE appeals to the entirety of Postal, RMS and GDS employees to intensify the struggles to make all the programmes grand success and to resists these policy offensives and to achieve “ACHCHHE DIN” (GOOD DAYS).
Posted by R. N. Parashar, General Secretary at 8:25 PM
Transfer and Placement Committees in the Department of Posts for recommending transfers / postings of the officers/officials of the Department-
DIVISIONAL LEVEL TRANSFER/ PLACEMENT COMMITTEE ALSO ORDERED / FORMED
CLICK HERE to view
CLICK HERE to view
Posted by R. N. Parashar, General Secretary at 9:07 AM
Monday, March 30, 2015
Posted by R. N. Parashar, General Secretary at 4:33 PM
Sunday, March 29, 2015
Friday, March 27, 2015
Posted by R. N. Parashar, General Secretary at 9:10 PM
CLICK HERE to view DoPT Guidelines
Posted by R. N. Parashar, General Secretary at 5:16 PM
Posted by R. N. Parashar, General Secretary at 3:59 PM
Com. K.ADINARAYANA, then SG,NFPE delivered an emotional and educative oration on the eve of 21 st AIC of AIPEU Gr C at CALCUTTA ( Now KOLKATA) in OCT 1994.
Young Comrades are requested to read his INSPIRING SPEECH and to know HOW OUR LEADERS WERE/ARE.
Posted by R. N. Parashar, General Secretary at 3:32 PM
No. P/3-4/PJCA Dated – 26.03.2015
All CHQ Office Bearer/Circle Secretaries
All Divisional/Branch Secretaries
As decided by the PJCA, Strike Notice will be served to the Department on 6th April 2015 & Indefinite strike will start from 6th May 2015. All Concerned are requested to attend enmasse the Parliament March on 28.04.2015 by JCM (NC) Staff Side organizations at Jantar Mantar, New Delhi. PJCA leaders will sit on Dharna infront of Dak Bhawan on 29.04.2015. All are requested to conduct meetings to motivate the cadres to electrify the ranks and files for a successful indefinite strike w.e.f. 06.05.2015.
PJCA Circular is enclosed herewith.
POSTAL JOINT COUNCIL OF ACTION
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES
FEDERATION OF NATIONAL POSTAL ORGANISATIONS
ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION, GDS (NFPE)
NATIONAL UNION GDS
No. PJCA/2015 Dated: 26th March, 2015
All Office Bearers of both the Federations.
All General Secretaries
All Circle/Divisional and Branch Secretaries.
As decided earlier PJCA meeting was held at NFPE office, 1st Floor North Avenue Post Office Building New Delhi-110 001 on 24.03.2015. at 2 P.M. The meeting was Presided over by Shri. D.Theagarajan, Chairman, PJCA and Secretary General FNPO.
The meeting attended by both Secretary Generals and General Secretaries of both the Federations.
Before commencement of meeting homage was paid to Com. S.K. Vyas, a Veteran & legendry leader of Central Government Employees & Pensioners Trade Union Movement by observing one minute silence.
In the meeting Com. R.N. Parashar, Secretary PJCA and Secretary General NFPE presented the position of action and development on the 40 points Strike Charter of demands after PJCA meeting with Secretary (P) on 05.02.2015.
All General Secretaries presented their views and after a detailed discussion, the following decisions were taken:
1. Disagreement was recorded on items No. 1,2,11,12,13,14,15,16,21, 25,27, 30, 31,33,34, 35,36,37, and 40 of PJCA Strike Charter of demand as the progress is not being noticed on all these items. Secretary (P) will be addressed to settle these issues as per the assurance given in meeting on 05.02.2015.
2. Due to some unavoidable circumstances the date of Dharna in front of Dak Bhawan, New Delhi by All India leaders of both Federations is rescheduled as 29th April-2015 instead of 15th April.
3, Notice for Indefinite Strike to be organized from 06th May 2015 will be served to the Secretary, Department of Posts, New Delhi on 06th April-2015. All Circle /Divisional and Branch Secretaries will also submit Strike Notice at all levels by organizing demonstrations in front of all important offices.
4 Campaign programme by All India Leaders of both the Federations affiliated unions has been finalized and it will be completed between 05th April to 15th April, 2015 to mobilize entire rank and file. All concerned will fix the dates in consultation with Circle leadership and conduct the programme to mobilize maximum employees to participate in Parliament March to be conducted on 28th April 2015 under banner of National Council JCM and to make them ready for the Indefinite strike from 06th May 2015 onwards. (Campaign programme is enclosed)
5. Next Meeting of PJCA will be held on 29th April, 2015 on the day of Dharna by All India leaders in front of Dak Bhawan, New Delhi.
MEETING WITH PAY COMMISSION
1, Meeting of NFPE leaders with 7th Central Pay Commission was held on 25th March, 2015 at Pay Commissions Office at Chhatrapati Shivaji Bhawan Qutub Institutional Area, New Delhi. Secretary General NFPE and all General Secretaries participated in the meeting and presented the issues very nicely submitted in the memorandums. Chairman and members appeared courteous and co-operative with positive attitude.
GDS issues were also discussed by Secretary General NFPE and Com. P. Panduranga Rao General Secretary, GDS (NFPE) and Memorandum on GDS issue was also presented again to Chairman 7th CPC by General Secretary GDS (NFPE) . Chairman assured all possible help to this most exploited and deprived section of Postal Workers within his capacity.
2. Meeting of FNPO leaders was also held with 7th CPC on 26th March 2015 at CPC office at New Delhi. Secretary General & all General Secretaries presented the issues effectively and Pay Commission was also of positive views on most of the items.
D. Theagarajan R.N. Parashar
Secretary General, FNPO Secretary General NFPE
Posted by R. N. Parashar, General Secretary at 2:22 PM
Ref: - P/1-1/AIC Date: 27.03.2015
Notice under Article 25 of the Constitution of All India Postal Employees Union Group 'C' read with Article 20(a) and 22 ibid is hereby given that 30th All India Conference of this Union will be held at Baba Saheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Vishwa Vidyalaya, Vidya Vihar, Raebareli Road, Lucknow – 226026 (Uttar Pradesh) from 4th June 2015 to 7th June 2015.
The following shall be the items of Agenda for the All India Conference:-
1. Confirmation of the proceedings of the 29th All India Conference held at Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) in March 2013.
2. Consideration and adoption of Biennial Report.
3. Consideration and adoption of the Audited Accounts 2012-13, 2013-14 & 2014-15.
4. Adoption of Budget Estimates for the next session.
5. Organisational Review:-
(i) Organisational position/Local agitations at all levels.
(ii) Review of present membership & evolving strategies to improve membership.
(iii) Review of periodical meetings being held at all levels.
(iv) Functioning of RJCM/Departmental Council
(v) Our approach with sister unions in NFPE at all levels.
6. Seventh CPC and Memorandum submitted by Confederation NFPE, AIPEU Group ‘C’ and JCM National Council Staff side.
7. Review of Strikes/Agitations: -
(i) Two days strike from 12.02.2014 to 13.02.2014 by PJCA & Confederation of C. G. Employees & Workers
(ii) PJCA strike from 06.05.2015 & all various stages of agitational programmes.
(iii) Parliament March Programmes by PJCA and JCM National Council Staff side.
8. Task force recommendations & Our reservations
(i) Recommendations of Task Force on Leveraging the Post office Network and repercussions.
(ii) Corporate Plan of India Post
9. Common Demands of C. G. Employees
(i) Seventh Pay Commission & Merger of 50% DA and Interim Relief.
(ii) Sixth Pay Commission Anomalies
(iii) Functioning of JCM National Council, National anomaly committee & MACP committee.
(iii) Non Implementation of all pending Arbitration Awards.
(iv) Ban on creation of Posts
(v) Non revision of OTA Rates.
(vi) Scrapping of NPS.
(vii) Medical Insurance Scheme
(viii) Right to Strike
10. Confederation of CG Employees & workers and its various agitational programmes and our role.
11. NFPE, State level Conventions, & Coordinating Committees.
12. Cadre Restructuring in Postal
(i) Agreement signed on 28.04.2014.
(ii) Delay in its implementation.
(iii) Lack of Promotional avenues for PAs
13. Filling up of PA, LSG/HSG II/HSG I and Postmaster cadre vacancies
(i) New Recruitment Rules of PA, Postmen, MTS & LSG RR 2011, HSG II RR 2013, HSG-I RR 2014 and needed changes.
(ii) Postmaster Cadre RR 2011 and needed changes.
14.RTP – Counting of Past service for promotion, MACP, Pension benefits etc.
15. Modified ACP Scheme – Anomalies & Settlement.
16. P.O & RMS Accountants, System Administrators, Marketing Executives & PRI (P)s.
17. Policy offensives
(a) National Postal Policy 2012.
(b) Closure / Merger of Post Offices.
(c) Unrealistic targets of BD.
(d) Decentralisation of PLI/RPLI/RD/MIS etc.
18. Modernisation of Postal Services & Technological advancement
(i) Problems in Core Banking Solutions(Finacle), Core Insurance solutions (Mc Camish) – under FSI and issues expected in Core System Integration..
(ii) Time barred hardwares, computers and accessories at Post offices.
19. Shortage of Staff:-
(a) Time bound recruitment in PA cadre.
(b) Recruitment taken place in PA Cadre.
(c) Non-Creation of new posts – Ban on creation of new posts.
(d) Non-filling up of vacant posts in LSG, HSG-II, HSG-I & Postmaster Cadre chain of vacancies.
20. Bonus – Revision of formula – Removal of the Quantum ceiling etc.
21. Contributory Negligence & Problems due to minus balance.
22. Right to Information Act.
23. Bhartiya Post & Dak Jagriti.
24. Publication of Hand book 2015.
25. Compassionate appointments & removal of conditions there on.
26. Problems of GDS & Casual Labourers.
27. Policy and Programme.
29. Amendment to the Constitution – Notice of which should be given to CHQ at least 21 days prior to the conference.
30. Election of Office Bearers.
31. Election of Federal Councillors.
32. Appointment of Auditor.
33. Venue of Next AIC.
34. Any other item with the permission of Chair.
35. Vote of thanks
With fraternal greetings,
Copy to: -
1. Com. R. Sivannarayana, All India President, All India Postal Employees Union Group 'C', Guntur – 522004 (Andhra Pradesh)
2. The General Convenor, Receiption Committee - for information and N/A
3. All CHQ Office-bearers & Circle Secretaries
4. Circle Secretary, Uttar Pradesh Circle for necessary arrangements of the AIC.
5. All Circle/Divisional/Branch Secretaries. They are called upon to hold their respective conferences where the last conference was held before 2 years
6. The Director General, Department of Posts, New Delhi 110001
7. All Chief Postmasters General - Requesting to grant Special Casual Leave to the delegates.
(N. Subramanian)General Secretary
Posted by R. N. Parashar, General Secretary at 2:18 PM